Girard-Perregaux Constant Escapement L.M.
awarded “2013 Watch of the Year”
by the TimeZone community
La Chaux-de-Fonds (5th March 2014) – The high-end Swiss watch Manufacture Girard-Perregaux has been awarded “2013 Watch of the Year” by www.timezone.com. The community of wristwatch aficionados rewarded the Brand for its revolutionary Constant Escapement L.M.
It is one more prestigious award for the Constant Escapement L.M., which received the 2013 Aiguille d’Or at the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève. It is also a testament to Girard-Perregaux’s watchmaking legacy, technical mastery and capacity to innovate.
“We are honoured to receive this award”, says Michele Sofisti CEO of Girard-Perregaux and Sowind Group. “This acknowledgment is even more significant considering that watch enthusiasts worldwide voted for our Constant Escapement L.M.”
Girard-Perregaux Constant Escapement L.M. at a glance
- A revolutionary concept addressing a holy grail of watchmaking, Constant Force. A breakthrough in the field of chronometry with a completely new architecture and design of the escapement (3 different patents).
- Unprecedented precision: a victory over waning power in traditional mechanical watches, through constant power delivery to the oscillator meaning constant amplitude and constant rate.
- Avant-garde materials and advanced technology. Use of a 14 micron silicon buckled-blade, a strategic component 6 times thinner than a human hair.
- Long power reserve and linear indicator due to an innovative double twin barrel (patent pending). A total length of 3 meters of barrel spring.
- Spectacular avant-garde design inspired by the Girard-Perregaux tradition.