Jaeger-LeCoultre is honoring there Grande Reverse Ultra Thin from 1948 with a new edition.
A cult watch that has appealed to both men and women, the Reverso has shown up in all manner of fascinating guises since 1931. Contrary to many models that enjoyed pre-war fame and were by then consigned to oblivion, the Reverso watch with the swivel case, which was celebrating its 17th birthday in 1948, was more modern than ever. The Grande Reverso Ultra Thin 1948 with its stainless steel case revives the spirit of a bygone era.
In 2014, the Manufacture Jaeger-LeCoultre pays tribute to the Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso watch. Its close embrace of the wrist is made possible by its extremely slender 7.3 mm case that incorporates the complex parts of the swivelling mechanism as well as a movement measuring just 2.94 mm thin. The Manufacture Calibre 822/2 beating at a frequency of 21,600 vibrations per hour is renowned for its sturdiness and precision. Against the light background of the silver-toned dial, the applied hour-markers and facetted baton-type hands stand out clearly in all 2 circumstances to ensure perfect legibility.
Fitted with an alligator leather strap featuring a steel pin buckle, the Grande Reverso Ultra Thin 1948 will be available exclusively from Jaeger-LeCoultre boutiques.
Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Ultra Thin 1948
• Mechanical manually-wound movement, Jaeger-LeCoultre Calibre 822/2, crafted, assembled and decorated by hand
• 21,600 vibrations per hour
• 114 parts
• 19 jewels
• Thickness: 2.94 mm
• 45-hour power reserve Functions:
• Hour, minute, small second Dial:
• Silvered grained dial, stamped hour-markers Hands:
• Blue facetted baton-type hands
• Height: 46.8 mm
• Width: 27.4 mm
• Thickness: 7.2 mm
• Polished finish
• Sapphire crystals
• “1000 Hours Control” indication appearing on the case-back
• Water-resistant to 3 bars
Strap and buckle:
• Matt black alligator leather 20/18 3
• 18 mm pin buckle in steel