Oris introduces the Oris Aquis Small Second, Date Oris’s long diver’s watch tradition continues this summer with the launch of a new addition to the Aquis collection.
The Oris Aquis Small Second, Date plunges into the deep with a striking combination of sea-worthy colours and materials. The Aquis’s diving credentials are well known, but with its shimmering sunray blue dial, this model also becomes a watch that moves effortlessly from beach to bar.
Beyond its masculine, crossover aesthetic, the Aquis Small Second, Date remains a high-spec diver’s watch. Its robust stainless steel case is water-resistant to 50 bar. This performance is only possible because of the thick scratch resistant sapphire crystal that sits over the dial. This crystal is also domed on both sides, and treated with an anti-reflective coating on the inside to reduce glare and maximise legibility.
The watch is also fitted with a unidirectional rotating bezel, complete with a scratch-resistant black ceramic inlay and white timing scale. Divers rely on this secure device to monitor remaining oxygen levels and decompression stops. The watch’s crown is screwed in to ensure its water resistance.
In keeping with Oris’s philosophy of only making mechanical watches, the Aquis Small Second, Date is powered by an automatic mechanical movement that gives the watch a small seconds function at 9 o’clock and a date function at 6 o’clock. The small-second function is often favoured by divers because while t shows the watch is still working, it doesn’t clutter the dial or reduce legibility.
The Oris Aquis Small Second, Date is an impeccable companion whether you are deep underwater or enjoying a relaxed sunset drink on a boat.
Oris Aquis Small Second, Date
· Oris automatic mechanical movement Cal. 743, based on SW 220-1, with date at 6 o’clock and small second at 9 o’clock
· Multi-piece stainless steel case. Water resistance to 50 bar/500m
· Diver’s unidirectional revolving bezel with black polished ceramic inlay and white minute scale
· Screw-in stainless steel crown
· Screwed stainless steel case back with metre to feet conversion scale
· Sapphire crystal domed on both sides and with anti-reflective coating inside
· Blue sunray finished dial with applied indices and Nickel hands, both with white Super-LumiNova® inlay
· Stainless steel bracelet with folding clasp. Also available with black rubber strap