There are a lot of Kickstarter watch projects, but only a few make it to production. We came across Camber Watches. Combining a passion for vintage motorsport, watches and design.
Camber Watches are all about fine watch making and vintage motorsport. they are planning to create different chapters of this story. Their first chapter tells the story of one of the oldest forms of motor sport: The Hillclimb
Hill Climbing is one of the oldest forms of Motorsport. It is a branch of Motorsport in which drivers compete against time to complete an uphill course and is therefore a battle against time. As the drivers climb toward the summit, the thin air slows reflexes and reduces muscle strength. The thin air also robs engines of to 30% of their power. Competitors and vehicles must be in top shape simply to finish…let alone win!
In hill climbing every tenth of a second counts; therefore they decided to create a timepiece with a special chronograph movement which is able to measure time down to one tenth of a second. It’s dial is inspired by the early mechanical stop watches who where used at motor sporting events.
The Camber Watch comes in three finishes:
Black steel, Natural steel and Rosegold plated.
Another nice feature is the watches come in a great box with matching cufflinks.
- Case Diameter : 45 mm or 42 mm
- Case Thickness : 13 mm
- Lug Width : 22 mm
- Lug-to-Lug : 52 mm
- Crown : 7×3 mm, engraved with logo
- Weight : 81 gram
- Crystal : Mineral, slightly domed
- Case Material : Alloy, Black PVD, Rose gold plated
- Case back : Stainless steel
- Movement : Quartz Chronograph, Sunon Caliber PE903
- Genuine leather strap : 22 mm, leather, tapers down to 20 mm
- Clasp : 22 mm signed pin buckle
- Water Resistance : 3 ATM (50 m) Dial: ivory and black
Support them on Kickstarter.com