Lebeau Courally famous for its handcrafted hunting guns for almost 150 years, started to make watches in 2011. This seems a strange combination, but going back into the history of both watch- en gunmakers its an obvious line of events.
In 1865 Auguste Lebeau sets up his own workshop in Liege, Belgium. He surrounds himself with the very best craftsmen and sets the DNA for Lebeau – Courally. In 1896 Ferdinand Courally continues the activities and pushes the brand to a higher level, unrivalled in Europe.
The Englishman Philippe Reeves takes over the management in 1919. By this time many european royal houses, aristocrats and many other keen hunters are among the loyal customers.
In 1956 Lebeau – Courally is taken over by the Belgian Joseph Verrees, a renowned gunsmith from Liege. He conserves the spirit of the great house and further enhances its reputation as a manufacturer. He also perfects the hunting gun mechanisms and components. Precision, reliability and exclusivity are the hallmarks of production. He also nurtures and protects the company’s métier d’arts, the most striking examples of which are the fine woodwork and the detailed, lifelike engravings.
The tradition is continued by the fourth generation in 1982. Anne-Marie Moermans-Ramakers, Verrees’ niece, further develops the creation of luxury hunting pieces. She goes in search of the very best craftsmen in the Liège area. She also extends the range of hunting guns, while maintaining the same degree of perfection. Craftsmanship, precision and robustness are united in each hunting gun.
In that same year the special calibre that forms the heart and soul of “Le Prince,” the beautiful Lebeau-Courally tourbillon, is distinguished with 3rd prize at the prestigious Concours International de la Chronometrie 2011 in the Swiss town of Le Locle.
Source watch insight and Lebeau-Courally
Watches sold by Schaap en Citroen